Biltong in avocado
A satisfying low-carb meal.
- Serves 2
- Less than 15 minutes
❖ Energy 1,904 kJ | Protein 25g | Fat 30g | Carb 25g
- Juice (30ml) of ½ a lemon
- 2 avocados, halved
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ red cabbage, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- White balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- ½ tub (125g) low-fat cottage cheese
- 200g beef biltong, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped chives
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and milled pepper
- Drizzle lemon juice over avocado and set aside.
- Toss spinach, cabbage and peppers together.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Place a generous dollop of cottage cheese and biltong into avocados.
- Sprinkle over chives and Tabasco sauce. Season and serve with salad.