Chakalaka Bean Shakshuka
Spice up your day with this flavourful shakshuka
- Serves 6
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 10 ml curry powder
- 60 ml All Gold Tomato Sauce
- 60 ml Mrs Balls Original Chutney
- 1x410 g can KOO Chakalaka Mild and Spicy
- 1x 410 g can KOO Baked Beans
- Benny Stock sachet, to season
- 125 ml water
- 6 large eggs
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190̊C.
- In an ovenproof frying pan, heat the oil and sauté onions and curry powder until onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the All Gold Tomato Sauce and Mrs Balls Chutney with KOO Chakalaka and KOO Baked Beans.
- Allow to simmer with Benny Stock and water for 5 minutes. Break the eggs into the frying pan on top of the sauce, season with Benny Stock over the eggs.
- Cover with lid and simmer over low heat until eggs are just set.
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley and serve with crusty bread.