Chargrilled spring greens with lemon pork chops
Smoky and crisp, these are salad greens like you’ve never tasted before.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- Paired with Pinot Noir
LEMON PORK CHOPS
- 6 pork loin chops
- ¼ cup (60ml) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- ½ cup (80ml) buttermilk or amasi
- ½ ripe avocado, cubed
- Handful fresh basil
- Handful fresh coriander
- Handful fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
CHARGRILLED SPRING GREENS
- 1 bundle (120g) asparagus, blanched
- 6 pak choi, blanched and halved
- 3 baby green cabbages, quartered and blanched
- 1 packet (230g) broccoli steams, blanched
- Toss pork chops with oil, garlic and grated lemon peel and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Blitz buttermilk or amasi, avocado, herbs and spring onions together until smooth.
- Add vinegar, garlic, anchovy fillets and honey and blitz until smooth.
- Add oil in a steady stream while blender is running.
- Season and set aside.
- Prepare medium coals and braai pork chops for 4-5 minutes a side or until well charred.
- Place vegetables on the grid for 3-4 minutes, or until charred.
- Serve vegetables with dressing and pork chops.