Nestled in the Tulbagh Valley, the Twee Jonge Gezellen estate is over 300 years old, and home to a collection of SA’s favourite MCCs - Krone. The unique terroir and night-harvested grapes used for making the Krone Borealis range give them the distinct flavour that’s made them so sought-after. The bottles of vintage-only Krone Méthode Cap Classique are stacked in the country’s first ever underground cellar, and hand-turned while they mature. The years of tradition result in a delicate, flavourful bubbly that’s perfect for festive celebrations, or at any time of year!
CHRISTMAS INSPIRATION WITH KRONE BOREALIS
700-800g side of salmon, skin on
3 large beetroot, grated
150g coarse kosher rock salt
Zest of 1 large orange
Zest of 2 large lemons
4 juniper berries
1 large handful dill
75g Muscovado sugar
75ml Krone Brut MCC
- Line a large baking tray with an oversized piece of baking paper.
- Remove all pin bones from the salmon and place skin side down on baking paper.
- Crush juniper berries in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the crushed berries and all other ingredients together in a large bowl and mix together.
- Encrust the side of salmon with the mixture.
- Fold the baking paper tightly around the salmon, and clingwrap very well so no air can get in.
- Place in the fridge to cure for 48 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and slice thinly, avoiding the skin.
- Serve with toasted bread, crème fraîche, fresh dill and a squeeze of lemon.
WINE PAIRING: Krone Borealis Vintage Cuvée Brut MCC
Recipe by:Bianca Davies
In store T&Cs apply. Valid until 6 January 2019