Stone fruit and raspberry pie
This medley of stone fruit and tart raspberries is best served warm!
- Serves 8
- Less than 1 hour
- 2 packets (400g each) shortcrust pastry
- 4 nectarines, sliced
- 4 dessert peaches, sliced
- 1 punnet (125g) raspberries
- ½ cup (125ml) dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) cornflour, sifted
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out shortcrust pastry on a floured surface to 3mm thick.
- Cut 1 sheet into a few thick and thin ribbons.
- Make 2 plaits using three thin ribbons each.
- Place thick ribbons and plaits in the fridge to firm up.
- Line a 24cm tart tin with the second pastry sheet, trim edges and prick bottom with a fork.
- Line with baking paper, fill with baking beans or rice and blind bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove rice and paper and bake for another 5 minutes. Cool.
- Toss together nectarines and dessert peaches, raspberries, dark brown sugar, cornflour and the vanilla seeds of 1.
- Spoon into tart case, criss-cross the thick ribbons to create a lattice on top and place plaits around the rim.
- Brush tart case rim and top of pastry with apricot jam.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar.