Spicy pork ramen
A fried egg adds a textured twist to these bowls of comfort.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 2 PnP pork braai chops, deboned and cubed
- 2 tsp (10ml) Chinese five spice
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken stock
- 4cm knob ginger, grated
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 packets (75g each) instant noodles
- 2 cups (about ⅔ head) red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, ribboned
- Handful coriander
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- Toss pork chops and five spice together.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry pork until brown, about 7 minutes a side. Season and set aside.
- Heat stock, ginger and soy sauce together. Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Divide cabbage and carrots among 4 serving bowls.
- Add cooked noodles and pork bits and pour over hot chicken stock mixture.
- Sprinkle with coriander, spring onions and chillies.
- Fry eggs to your liking.
- Top each bowl with a fried egg and serve.