Sesame pork meatballs and noodles
Super tasty and a guaranteed hit.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 500g pork mince
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped coriander
- ⅔ cup (160ml) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp (10ml) Szechuan peppercorns (optional)
- 2 tsp (10ml) ground fennel seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil
- 1 packet (300g) fine green beans, blanched
- 1 packet (350g) egg noodles, cooked
- ⅓ cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- For serving:
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Handful coriander
- Mix mince, onions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, coriander, breadcrumbs, peppercorns (if using), fennel seeds and egg together.
- Roll mixture into small balls and coat well in sesame seeds.
- Heat a glug of vegetable oil in a nonstick pan and fry meatballs until golden and cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Drain excess oil from pan and toss in beans, noodles and oyster sauce.
- Add meatballs and cook to reheat.
- Garnish with chilli, spring onions and coriander. Serve.