Rooibos and vanilla nectarines with nut sprinkle
Try this recipe using any stone fruit, and get creative with different types of tea.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- ¼ cup (60ml) warm rooibos tea
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey + extra for serving
- ½ tsp (3ml) vanilla seed paste
- 6 nectarines
- ½ packet (50g) toasted almonds, chopped
- Low-fat plain yoghurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix rooibos tea, honey and vanilla together.
- Line a 6-cup muffin pan with 15cm square sheets of baking paper.
- Place nectarines in paper and divide tea between muffin cups.
- Gather ends of the kitchen paper and twist at the top to close.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending how ripe fruit is, until soft but not mushy.
- Sprinkle nectarines with almonds, drizzle with honey and serve with yoghurt on the side.