Pineapple and chicken rice salad
A good way to use up leftovers.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1½ cups (375ml) brown rice
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on and deboned
- Salt and milled pepper
- Oil, for frying
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp (10ml) tahini
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 baby cucumbers, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- ½ packet (60g) PnP baby leaf salad
- Cook rice according to packet instructions and drain.
- Make 3-4 shallow slits on top of chicken breast. Season well.
- Heat a glug of oil over medium heat. Brown chicken skin then turn over and fry until cooked.
- Mix dressing ingredients, and season to taste.
- Add just enough dressing to coat chicken well.
- Toss rice, pineapple, cucumbers, red pepper, spring onion and nuts with remaining dressing.
- Serve with the chicken and lettuce.