Piña colada slices
A dessert that will transport you straight to the tropics.
- Serves 6
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 Madeira cake
- Butter, for spreading
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cream, heated
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 1 tub vanilla ice cream, for serving
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut flakes, toasted
- Slice Madeira cake into 6 thick slices.
- Spread with butter and toast on a griddle pan until golden.
- Slice pineapple into thin discs.
- Melt butter and honey in a frying pan.
- Add pineapple and cook until softened.
- Combine cream and coconut milk and drizzle over cake.
- Top with pineapple.
- Roll 6 scoops ice cream in coconut flakes.
- Top each cake slice with a scoop of ice cream.