Easy banana bread
The best use for overripe bananas!
- Makes 1 loaf
- Less than 1 hour
- ½ cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250g) sugar
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 extra-large eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 cups (300g) flour
- ½ tsp (3ml) baking powder
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- Grease and line a 20cm x 8cm loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add banana and mix well.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla essence together and add to banana mixture.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Mix banana mixture and dry ingredients together into a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 180°C for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
- Serve with a lashing of butter and a cup of tea.