- Serves 6
- Less than 1 hour
- 4 slabs (100g each) dark chocolate
- 1½ cups (375ml) butter, softened
- 3 cups (750ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) cake flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) PnP baking powder
- ½ cup (125ml) cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 2 slabs (100g each) white chocolate, chopped
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Melt dark chocolate over a double boiler and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs.
- Fold through melted dark chocolate, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Fold white chocolate into mixture and pour into a greased and lined 20cm square baking tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from tin.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve topped with fresh raspberries.