Dim sum pork buns
Be careful not to roll the dough too thin or it’ll tear while steaming.
- Serves 4
- Less than 45 minutes
- Glug vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
- 300g lean pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, diced
- ½ packet (45ml) salad onions, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) canned water chestnuts, diced
- ¼ cup (60ml) PnP BBQ sauce, plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup (60ml) hoisin sauce, plus extra for serving
- Salt and milled pepper
- 300g PnP bakery dough
- For serving:
- Salad onions, sliced
- Red chillies, sliced
- Handful fresh coriander
- Cucumber, sliced
- Heat vegetable oil with the sesame oil in a pan.
- Fry mince with garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Remove from heat and stir through remaining filling ingredients except the dough. Season.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and roll each into a 12cm circle.
- Place a generous dollop of filling in the centre.
- Pull sides up to enclose filling and pinch to seal (drawstring bag).
- Line a bamboo steamer with baking paper and place buns on top.
- Steam, covered, for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with salad onions, chillies, coriander, cucumber and a mixture of BBQ and hoisin sauce.