Curried peach and coronation chicken salad
A regal classic to which we’ve added a few twists.
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) mild curry powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) plain yoghurt
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30ml) mango chutney
- Juice (30ml) of ½ lemon
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 peaches or nectarines, sliced into wedges
- 4 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 3 heads cos lettuce, washed and torn
- ⅓ cup (80ml) walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Pea shoots or microherbs, for serving (optional)
- Heat half the oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add onion and half the curry powder and sauté until softened and fragrant.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix cooked onion, mayonnaise, yoghurt, chutney and half the lemon juice together to make a dressing.
- Season and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add chicken strips and remaining curry powder and lemon juice.
- Stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Stir a spoonful of dressing through chicken and set aside.
- Arrange peach or nectarine wedges, cucumber and lettuce on a serving platter.
- Scatter with chicken, walnuts and pea shoots or microherbs, if using.
- Drizzle with extra dressing and serve.