Crispy vegetable salad
There’s more to salads than just greens
- Serves 4
- Less than 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) Maggi sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) rice vinegar
- Juice (30ml) of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) garlic and ginger, minced
- 2 packets (73g each) Maggi 2-Minute noodles, any variety of your choice
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) peanut oil
- 2 spring onions, cut diagonally
- 400g mixed vegetables, julienned
- For serving:
- 2 tsp (10ml) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine dressing ingredients and chill in the fridge until needed.
- Pour noodle seasoning into 400ml of water and stir to combine.
- Add noodles and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain well and leave to cool completely then roughly detangle the noodles.
- Heat peanut oil in a frying pan and fry the noodles until crispy.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, sauté spring onions and add vegetables.
- Cook for a few seconds leaving them still crunchy.
- Toss fried noodles and sautéd vegetables in dressing. Top with coriander and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Serve warm.