Crisp nectarine summer salad
This is the perfect way to use up stale crusty bread.
- Serves 2
- Less than 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into chunky cubes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 nectarines, quartered and sliced
- 1 punnet (12) yellow vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet (12) red vine tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat butter and 3 Tbsp (45ml) olive oil over high heat.
- Add ciabatta cubes, season and fry until well toasted.
- Combine nectarines, yellow and red vine tomatoes, and red onion in a large bowl.
- Season and add the remaining glug of olive oil.
- Toss with toasted bread and a handful of basil leaves just before serving.