Coconut and nectarine tartlets
Breakfast, teatime, snack o’clock, dessert – these little lookers satisfy at any hour.
- Makes 6
- Less than 1 hour
- 2 packets (100g each) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 200g fresh pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- Generous pinch salt
- ½ tsp (3ml) vanilla essence
- 2 cans (400ml each) coconut cream, chilled
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey, plus extra for serving
- 1-2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves, for serving
- Pulse nuts, dates, salt and vanilla in a food processor until mixture comes together in a thick paste.
- Grease 6 small tart tins (6-8cm in diameter) and divide mixture between them, pressing down until tins are neatly and evenly lined. Chill.
- Open cans of coconut cream and scoop off the thick surface layer – you should have about 2 cups (500ml). (Freeze leftover cream for your next smoothie or curry.)
- Whisk coconut cream with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Fold through the lime peel and honey.
- Spoon into chilled tart bases and top with nectarine and mint.
- Serve drizzled with honey, if you like.