Bobotie mince parcels
Great as a party snack.
- Makes 12
- Less than 45 minutes
- 1 packet (about 500g) ostrich mince
- Vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) PnP crushed garlic, ginger and dhania paste
- ½ cup (125ml) PnP Cape Malay marinade
- ½ cup (125ml) sultanas, soaked
- 1 cup (250ml) peas
- ¼ cup (60ml) chopped mint
- Salt and milled pepper
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- Juice (30ml) of 1 lime
- 1 cup (250ml) grated fresh coconut
- ¼ cup (60ml) coriander, chopped
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) grated ginger
- Brown mince in a glug of vegetable oil.
- Add onion and sauté until soft. Add paste and cook for another minute.
- Stir through marinade, sultanas, peas and mint and season well.
- Place a large dollop (about ⅓ cup) of mince mixture on the edge of a spring roll wrapper and fold over to enclose filling.
- Keep rolling, tucking the sides in as you go. Brush edge with water and seal.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat oil, 1cm deep, in a pan and shallow-fry parcels until crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Alternatively, brush parcels with oil and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C, or until golden and crisp.
- Toss sambal ingredients together, mixing well, and serve with parcels.