Asian pork ribs
Rich red wines are just the thing to enjoy with succulent ribs
- Serves 4
- More than 45 minutes
- Pair with Pinot Noir
- Juice (160ml) and grated peel of 2 oranges
- ½ cup (80ml) hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) miso paste or Bovril
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp (10ml) canola oil
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 800g pork ribs
- Nice to have:
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix together orange juice and grated peel, hoisin sauce, miso paste or Bovril, honey, ginger, garlic, oil and water.
- Toss ribs in marinade in a small roasting tray lined with foil.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roast ribs for 40 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked and sticky.
- Serve ribs scattered with spring onions, chilli and sesame seeds, if using.