The Pick n Pay Store Account is a credit facility accessible on your Smart Shopper card to
shop in all Pick n Pay stores and Online and offer great benefits.
Pick n Pay Store Account is administered by RCS, is a registered Credit and
authorised Financial Services Provider. NCRCP 38/ FSP 44481.
Benefits of your Pick n Pay Store Account
- Get R100 back every month when you spend R2000 or more on your Store Account.
- Up to 55 days' interest free credit if you pay the outstanding balance in full and on time each month.
- Zero transaction fees.
- Zero joining fees.
- Low monthly service fee.
- The credit facility is accessed via your existing Smart Shopper card.
- A PIN is required to access the credit facility.
- Up to three secondary cards for family and friends with limits you can set.
- Free SMS notifications on all purchases for your security.
- Spend at Pick n Pay stores nationwide, including Clothing and Pharmacy stores.
In these terms and conditions, the following words will have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates another meaning:
1.1. “Account” means the credit account created by us in respect of your credit facility whereby we record all transactions processed on your card, as well as any amounts debited or credited to your account; ;
1.2. “Act” means the National Credit Act, No. 34 of 2005, together with its regulations, as amended from time to time;
1.3. “Agreement” means the terms and conditions contained in this document, read with the pre-agreement quotation and statement and the application form completed by you, and any changes thereto;
1.4. “Card” means the Pick n Pay smart shopper card issued by the merchant to you in order for you to use the credit facility;
1.5. “Consumer Protection Act” means the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008, together with its regulations, as amended from time to time;
1.6. “Credit facility” means the credit that we provide to you, and that you have applied for, in terms of the Act for the duration of this Agreement;
1.7. “Debit order” means a standard EFT debit order or an early debit order whereby we instruct your bank to deduct an amount from your bank account and to pay that amount directly over to us on your behalf. The amount deducted will vary every month depending on your monthly instalment and may include any other amounts that may be due to us, from time to time, but will never exceed what is due and payable;
1.8. “Major sanctioned country” means any one of the following listed countries: Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. This list may change from time to time;
1.9. “Merchant” means Pick ‘n Pay Retailers Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 1973/004739/07) of 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth 7708; or any person to whom it transfers any of its rights or obligations under this agreement;
1.10. “Personal information” means any information that we receive about you, including but not limited to your name, identity number, contact information, employment and financial information.
1.11. “Reference rate” means the rate used by us to determine the interest charged by us to you for use of the credit facility that is governed by the Act;
1.12. Secondary card” means the additional card(s) that a secondary cardholder can use to access the credit facility;
1.13. “Secondary cardholder” means the person(s) whose personal information you have given us and whom you have chosen to use your credit facility by means of a secondary card; and
1.14. “Service fee” means a fixed fee charged by us to you for the administration of your credit facility. This is R10 per month and in the event of any changes you will be notified.
2. Our contact details
2.1 RCS Cards Proprietary Limited (Registration Number: 2000/017891/07) is a registered credit provider and authorised financial services provider, of Golf Park 6, Golf Park, Raapenberg Road, Mowbray 7700 (hereinafter referred to as “us”, “we”, “our”).
2.2 Our contact details are:
2.2.1 Telephone: 0861 555 995
2.2.2 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2.3 Postal address: P.O. Box 111, Goodwood, 7459
2.2.4 Website address: www.rcs.co.za
3.1. In order for us to process your application, you must be in possession of a valid and registered card. You must provide us with your card number as part of your application. Once your application has been successfully processed and approved, we will activate your card for credit purchases.
3.2. By completing, signing and submitting an application form, you:
3.2.2. confirm that you have read and understand these terms and conditions, the meaning and consequences of this agreement; and
3.2.3. confirm that you are the person whose details you have given to us as the applicant in the application form; and; and
3.2.4. confirm that you are not under sequestration, administration or debt review (or that there are no such applications pending against you) as at the time of application; and
3.2.5. confirm that if you are married in community of property or by customary law, that you have the written consent of your spouse to enter into this agreement with us.
3.3. All information that you provide us with must be truthful, complete, accurate and correct. You must immediately notify us if any of your information changes. If your application is not complete or if you don’t provide us with any required documentation, we may contact you to obtain the required information or documentation; or we may approve or reject your application.
3.4. At the time of you applying to us for credit or, should your application be successful, at any time during the existence of this agreement, you must immediately notify us if:
3.4.1. you have a direct or indirect link(s) to a major sanctioned country (for example, you currently reside in Cuba or you conduct business in Iran); or or
3.4.2. you are or become a citizen, resident or national of the United States of America; or
3.4.3. you relocate to any place outside of the Republic of South Africa.
3.5. Should any of the events in clause 3.4.1 to 3.4.3 apply to you, we have the right to not enter into this agreement with you, or if your application was already approved at the time that we come to learn of such events, we have the right to immediately terminate this agreement on notice to you. Our rights in terms of this clause shall apply irrespective of whether you notified us in terms of clause 3.4 above or whether we established independently that the clause(s) applies to you.
3.6. Should the major sanctioned country list be updated by us, your obligations in terms of clause 3.4.1 above and our rights in terms of clause 3.5 will apply to such updated list.
3.7. Your application for credit (or a credit limit increase) is subject to our credit approval criteria and to the conditions for granting credit as set out in the Act. We are, however, not obliged to grant your application.
3.8. You consent to us obtaining any information or documentation directly from your employer, bank, credit bureau or any other source for the purposes of assessing your application or any credit limit increase.
3.9. If your application is successful, we will provide you with a pre-agreement quotation and statement, as well as the terms and conditions. The pre-agreement quotation and statement will set out the amount of credit that you qualify for, your interest rate and it will show you how much interest and fees you will pay over a 12-month period if you use the full available credit.
3.10. Subject to the provisions of the Act, we may from time to time change the terms of this agreement. If we do, we will notify you hereof and upload the new terms onto our website. If you do not agree with the new terms, you must immediately let us know so that we may close your account (you will remain liable for the outstanding balance on your account). Any other changes made to this agreement must either be recorded by us telephonically and thereafter confirmed by us in writing or must be agreed to in writing in order to be valid and binding. If we change the terms of this agreement, it does not mean that a new agreement will automatically come into place.
4. Your card
4.1. Your card will continue to function as a method to participate in the merchant’s smart shopper rewards programme and you may, on presentation of the card, continue to earn points on qualifying purchases.
4.2. Once your card has been activated for credit purchases, you will receive notification from us on how to create a personal identification number (“PIN”). You must immediately create a PIN.
4.3. You are the only person that may use your card. You cannot transfer your card to another person or authorise or enable someone else to use it. If you apply for a secondary card, only the secondary cardholder may use that card.
4.4. Should you not use your card within 180 days of approval, your credit facility will no longer be valid and you will have to apply again; in which event, we cannot guarantee that you will be extended credit again or that you will receive the same credit limit again.
4.5. Unless we tell you otherwise, you may use your card to purchase goods or obtain a service from the merchant on credit, provided that you each time:
4.5.1. present your card to the merchant at the time of purchase;
4.5.2. provide the correct PIN at the time of purchase; and
4.5.3. sign a sales voucher acknowledging the purchase, if required by us.
4.6. We will debit your account with all credit transactions made using your card, unless you can prove that someone has fraudulently used your card and/or that the merchant processing the transaction did not have the authority to debit your account with the amounts concerned. If so, you will not be held liable for such fraudulent or unauthorised use, unless the provisions of clause 4.10 below are applicable.
4.7. When you access your available credit, you may select any of our available repayment plans to pay us back, however, in some instances a minimum spend may apply. We may change the features or cancel any repayment plan at any time on notice to you. You must select a payment plan before the transaction is processed. If you fail to do so, we will select a plan for you. You cannot change the payment plan for a particular transaction after the transaction has been processed. You also cannot select more than one payment plan to apply to a single transaction.
4.8. You are responsible for the safekeeping and proper use of your card. If you lose your card or if it is stolen, you must immediately inform the merchant hereof by phone on 0800 11 22 88 and then contact us on 0861 555 995 to let us know. You will not be held liable for credit transactions made on your account after you reported your card stolen or lost, unless we are entitled to hold you liable in terms of the Act or if you were negligent in safeguarding your card or if you didn’t let us know without unnecessary delay that your card was stolen or lost.
4.9. Even though you have possession of it, your card will always remain property of the merchant or any of the companies within the merchant’s group of companies and the card itself and your use thereof will in addition to the terms of this agreement remain subject to the merchant’s smart shopper terms and conditions.
4.10. If you apply for a secondary card:
4.10.1. Unless otherwise stated, the terms of this agreement relating to the card apply equally to the secondary card;
4.10.2. A secondary card will entitle a secondary cardholder to access the available credit (subject to any specified limits) on your credit facility and make purchases on your account, without your signature being required at the time of purchase.
4.10.3. At the time of application for a secondary card, you may specify a limit lower than your credit limit that will apply in respect of a secondary card. If so, the secondary cardholder will not be able to access credit in excess of this limit, but always subject to the credit available from time to time on your credit facility.
4.10.4. It is your responsibility to ensure that the secondary cardholder complies with the applicable terms and conditions of this agreement.
4.10.5. If you nominate a secondary cardholder that at the time your application for a secondary card is younger than 18 years old: 1) you acknowledge that by issuing a secondary card to him/her, we are not entering into a credit agreement with him/her; 2) you confirm that he/she is at least 16 years old as at the time of application; 3) you confirm that you are his/her parent or legal guardian; and 4) you consent to the use of the secondary card by him/her. We reserve the right to cancel any secondary card in the event of any of the above statements being false.
4.10.6. Where the secondary cardholder makes a purchase using the secondary card, the purchase amount will be debited to your account. You are therefore responsible for payment of any purchases made on the secondary card. You are also responsible for any interest, fees or charges that we may raise on your account as a result of any purchases made on the secondary card.
4.10.7. Should you wish to change the secondary cardholder or cancel your secondary card, you may do so by contacting us. After receiving confirmation of such a change or cancellation, as the case may be, you must immediately destroy the old secondary card. Failure to do so will result in you being liable for any purchases made on the old secondary card after such change or cancellation.
4.10.8. The secondary card will not entitle you or the secondary cardholder to additional credit. The credit limit on your credit facility will not increase through the issuance of a secondary card.
4.11. You may apply for up to 3 secondary cards, in which event, the provisions of clause 4.10 will apply to each such card. Specified limits on additional secondary cards will not apply cumulatively. As there is only one credit facility, all specified limits will at all times be subject to the credit limit on your credit facility.
5. Credit limit and available credit
5.1. Your card may be used for credit transactions up to a predetermined amount. You (or, where applicable, the secondary cardholder) may not exceed this limit. Your initial credit limit will be reflected on your pre-agreement and your credit limit will always be reflected on your statements.
5.2. We have the right to at any time perform an assessment of your creditworthiness and may reduce your credit limit should we deem it in your best interest. We will notify you as soon as possible of such a reduction in your credit limit.
5.3. Should you wish to receive a temporary credit limit increase, or should we increase your credit limit temporarily, in order to allow a transaction or a series of transactions on your account, such an increase will be for a limited time only. You must repay the amount of the increase in full with your next instalment.
5.4. Should you at any time wish to increase your credit limit, or wish to receive automatic annual increases, you may advise us thereof in writing or telephonically. Any such credit limit increase will, where applicable, be subject to our scoring criteria and the provisions of the Act and this agreement. Your new credit limit will be reflected on your statements.
5.5. When you make a purchase, your available credit will reduce by the amount of such purchase. Similarly, when you make a payment, your available credit will increase by such amount, however, as payments may take up to 3 days to reflect in our bank account, such credit may not always be available immediately.
5.6. Your credit facility may only be used to access the credit available to you. You may not make payments in excess of your outstanding balance or credit limit. If you do, we have the right to immediately refund the amount of such credit balance to you and we may immediately terminate this agreement on notice to you. If, for whatever the reason may be, we are unable to refund you, we will retain the amount until such time as we are able to refund you or the law deems that you have forfeited the amount to us, without losing our right to immediately terminate this agreement.
5.7. You may access cash from your credit facility by making use of the cash advance option that may be available on your card, subject to the following qualification criteria:
5.7.1. your account with us must not be in arrears and must be older than 3 months;
5.7.2. we may impose a minimum and/or maximum amount that you can withdraw from time to time;
5.7.3. repayment of the cash advance is only permitted on selected repayment plans; and will form part of your monthly instalment;
5.7.4. you can access the cash advance option by calling us or, if available, use the self-service portal; or through any other channel that we make available from time to time;
5.7.5. we will check if you meet the requirements for accessing this option and if so, we will let you know the amount that is available to you for withdrawal and the options for repayment;
5.7.6. if you let us know that you want to proceed with the withdrawal, we will process the transaction on your facility and pay the amount selected by you in South African Rand into a bank account in your name.
5.8. Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right to amend our qualification criteria from time to time. If we do so, we will let you know at the time of your request for a cash advance.
6.1. When you make a purchase at any of the merchant’s stores, we will, on your behalf, pay the merchant the amount owing to the merchant in terms of such a transaction.
6.2. In terms of s5(2)(d) of the Consumer Protection Act, as amended, the rights afforded to you by the Consumer Protection Act do not apply to credit agreements, however, they do apply to the goods purchased and/or services obtained in terms of that credit agreement. Therefore, a dispute that you have about the goods and/or services (including but not limited to the return of goods) must be resolved directly with the merchant.
6.3. If you have a dispute with a merchant, that dispute will not entitle you to–
6.3.1. instruct us to refuse to pay the merchant for goods purchased or services obtained by you on your card; or
6.3.2. refuse to pay us for payments already made to the merchant, irrespective of whether such payment was made in respect of the goods that are the subject-matter of a dispute, or
6.3.3. instruct us to reverse a payment already made to the merchant.
6.4. We will not be liable to you if the merchant refuses to accept your card as payment for any goods purchased or services obtained with your card. You will not have the right to claim anything from us or to institute any counterclaim against us or to apply set-off against us on this basis or any other basis whatsoever.
6.5. Any refund by the merchant to you must be paid to us so that we can credit your account or you can process the refund by swiping your card in the merchant stores.
6.6. If you receive a refund directly from a merchant for any goods purchased or services obtained from such merchant on your account, you will remain liable for any fees and costs that we are entitled to charge or have charged to your account in terms of this agreement.
7.1 For your protection you may include customer protection insurance to cover your debt to us in terms of this agreement. The customer protection insurance product offered by us (and underwritten by the insurance company, Guardrisk Insurance Company Limited) covers the following:
7.1.1 death cover or permanent disability (which covers your full outstanding balance); or
7.1.2 temporary disability (covers up to 12 months’ instalments); or
7.1.3 loss of income (which covers up to 12 months’ instalments).
7.2 If you wish to include this customer protection insurance product offered by us, you must let us know in your application or any time thereafter by contacting us. Full details and terms of this customer protection insurance product are set out/will be provided in the application process and form, read together with the insurance policy wording.
7.3 If you have elected to include customer protection insurance, you have the right to waive the customer protection insurance product offered by us and to substitute it with a policy of your own choice, which covers the same benefits and which policy must then be ceded to us with certain written directions as stated in the Act.
7.4. Your insurance premiums will be billed to your account and collected as part of your instalment. You will only have insurance cover if your account is not in arrears.
7.5. You are not obliged to take out the customer protection insurance product offered by us. If you have your own credit life insurance or if you do not wish to take out any insurance to cover the debt to us in terms of this agreement, you must let us know in your application.
8. Interest & fees
8.1. Subject to the provisions of the Act, we will determine the amount of any interest, fees and other costs that will be charged to your account. These amounts will be shown on your statement.
8.2. The rate of interest that we charge to your account will be reflected on your pre-agreement quotation and statement, but will never be more than the maximum annual interest rate permitted by the Act. This maximum annual interest rate may change during the term of this agreement. If so, the interest rate that we charge you may also change. You will be informed of any changes to your interest rate within 30 days after such change.
8.3. In the event of a change in the interest rate, the interest on purchases on the budget plan will remain the same for the remainder of the repayment period, but the interest calculation on your revolving facility and any new budget plan will always be charged at the new rate.
8.4. Interest will be calculated on a daily basis and added to your principal debt (in other words, compounded) on a monthly basis.
8.5. If you are in arrears, interest will be charged on overdue amounts at the same rate as the interest rate applicable in terms of this agreement. If you are paying by debit order, this arrear interest will be collected with your next debit order.
8.6. If at the time of making a purchase on your card, you selected an interest-free repayment plan, we will not charge you interest on that purchase, provided that your account is not in arrears. If your account is in arrears, we will convert that purchase to an interest-bearing repayment plan for the remainder of the plan term.
8.7. If you access the credit on your card and pay the full amount so accessed on or before the due date reflected on your next statement, we may decide not to charge any interest in respect of that credit transaction. If we decide to do so, this will not mean that we may never again charge interest to you.
8.8. We will charge you a monthly service fee. This will apply for as long as your account is open and there is a balance on your account. If there is no outstanding balance, no service fee will be charged. The amount and frequency of the service fee will be set out in your pre-agreement quotation and statement, however, we may change this amount on notice to you. We will, however, never exceed the maximum cap as set out in the Act.
9.1. We will periodically send you an electronic statement of account, which will show:
9.1.1. all transactions relating to your account;
9.1.2. the interest and other charges debited to your account;
9.1.3. payments made, as well as the balance outstanding;
9.1.4. how much you are in arrears by, if any;
9.1.5. the minimum amount payable; and
9.1.6. the due date on or by which you must pay the outstanding balance.
9.2. It is your responsibility to check your statement. Unless you notify us in writing or by telephone within 30 days of the date of your statement that you dispute your liability for any debit appearing on your statement, you will be deemed to be liable therefor. Similarly, you must let us know if any payment made or credit received by you is not reflected on your statement.
9.3. If we are notified late of a transaction on your account, such late transaction will be reflected on your account as and when we are notified thereof, notwithstanding the fact that you may have transacted with the merchant at an earlier time.
9.4. The frequency of statements will be at our discretion, provided that no more than 3 months shall pass between delivery of successive statements of account. If there has been no activity on your account in a particular statement month, we may elect to not send you any statement in respect of such a statement month.
9.5. If you have provided us with an e-mail address, we will send you statements via e-mail. Alternatively, we may send you statements via SMS or MMS, using the cellphone number that you gave us in your application form.
9.6. Non-receipt of statements does not free you from your obligation to pay us. You may obtain your account information from us telephonically, through the self-service portal or at any in-store till point.
10. Payment & settlement
10.1. You must pay at least the minimum amount payable as indicated on your statement by the due date, which amount is made up of the sum of:
10.1.1. the instalment on the revolving plan;
10.1.2. the sum of the fixed repayments on the budget plan(s);
10.1.3. any arrears; and
10.1.4. fees and charges.
10.2. We will deem all payments made by you to be made paid on the date that we receive such payment and the payments shall be allocated in the following order:
10.2.1. payment of due or unpaid interest, and thereafter
10.2.2. payment of due or unpaid fees and charges (including any insurance), and finally
10.2.3. payment of the principal debt, it being agreed that your oldest debt will be paid first and according to the hierarchy of your revolving credit balance and thereafter according to the sequence of any further budget plan (if any) as entered into.
10.3. You can pay your account through any of our approved payment methods from time to time, such as at merchant stores, by debit order, on our website (where available) or by electronic funds transfer into our bank account. The method that you choose will be at your risk. Payments will only be effected when we receive and process it.
10.4. If you are paying by debit order and your payment day falls on a Saturday, Sunday or recognised South African public holiday, the payment day will automatically be the business day before your usual payment date.
10.5. If you make a payment using the incorrect reference, your payment may not be allocated to your account. It is your responsibility to check your statements and to let us know if any payment is not reflecting on your account.
10.6. You may prepay any amount owed to us at any time, however, making a prepayment will reduce your outstanding balance and not entitle you to skip a payment.
10.7. If you wish to pay us by debit order and you have indicated this to us in the application form, you authorise us (and mandate your bank) to deduct your monthly payments, as well as any other amount that may be due from time to time by you to us in terms of this agreement, from your bank account. If your account is in arrears, you authorise us (and mandate your bank) to also deduct such arrear amount, as well as any other amount that may be due from time to time by you to us in terms of this agreement, from your bank account through an additional debit order.
10.8. If your debit order is unpaid by your bank due to insufficient funds, we may track your account and re-present the instruction for payment as soon as sufficient funds are available. If your debit order is still unpaid by your bank, you must make the minimum payment due as indicated on your statement directly to us by the due date for such payment in order to keep your account from going into arrears.
10.9. If your debit order authorisation lapses due to there being no funds available in your bank account, you must contact us to provide us with a new debit order authorisation if you want to continue paying by means of a debit order.
10.10. If you wish to settle your account, you must first contact us to obtain a settlement amount. Settling your account does not automatically mean that your account will be closed. If you want to close your account, you must contact us and instruct us to do so.
10.11. You must immediately let us know if during the term of this agreement:
10.11.1. You apply for sequestration or to be placed under administration;
10.11.2. You are placed under curatorship so that you are no longer able to manage your own financial affairs; or
10.11.3. You apply for debt review.
11. Arrear accounts & debt enforcement
11.1. If your account goes into arrears:
11.1.1. you may be charged a default administration charge as set out in the Act, as well as a fee for each time we make contact with you in order to arrange payment as provided for in the Debt Collectors Act, No. 114 of 1998, as amended;
11.1.2. if your account is handed over to our attorneys for collection, you will also be liable for collection fees as provided in the Magistrates’ Courts Act, No. 32 of 1944;
11.1.3. default 11.1.3. default information will be submitted to the credit bureaus, which may affect your ability to obtain further credit;
11.1.4. we may suspend your credit facility and give you 10 days’ notice before closing your account, in which event you must immediately pay your account in full;
11.1.5. your account may be handed over to debt collection agencies for the recovery of the arrear amount, the costs of which you will be responsible for.
11.2. If your account has been in arrears for a period as determined by us from time to time, during which period you failed to make any payments on your account, your account will automatically be classified as “written off” and will be closed on notice to you. If this happens, we may choose to also terminate this agreement.
11.3. If we have to institute legal action against you in court, you will be liable for all costs incurred, including but not limited to legal costs on the scale “attorney and own client” (which means the costs incurred by us for the attorney’s professional services, plus any expenses and costs incurred by such attorney in trying to recover the arrears plus costs from you), as well as collection charges, tracing fees and taxes hereon.
11.4. We may approach a court to take judgment against you for the debt owed by you to us in terms of this agreement. If we do, a certificate signed by any one of our managers (whose appointment and authority need not be proved) stating the amount that you owe us and the applicable interest rate, shall be accepted as sufficient proof of your indebtedness and shall be deemed correct unless you are able to prove otherwise.
11.5. The address that you gave us when completing the application is the address that you choose where legal documents may be served on you. If we are able to serve documents on you electronically, the e-mail address and/or cellphone number that we have on record for you will be used. If you wish to change your physical address, e-mail address and/or cellphone number, you must give us notice hereof and any such change will take effect 7 business days after we receive such notice.
11.6. If you have a query or complaint, contact our customer services department for a resolution. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your query or complaint, you have the right to resolve the matter by way of alternative dispute resolution or you can file any complaints with the National Credit Regulator (contact number 0860 627 627) or make application to the National Credit Tribunal.
12.1. If one or more of the following happens:
12.1.1. you don’t pay any amount that is due to us on or before the due date;
12.1.3. your estate is sequestrated;
12.1.4. you pass away;
12.1.5. you make any untrue, misleading or incorrect statement or representation to us;
12.1.6. you fail to disclose information regarding this agreement or during your application;
12.1.7. you breach any local or international laws or regulations relating to trade sanctions or financial intelligence and securities;
12.1.8. you do anything that may prejudice our rights;
then, all amounts owing by you will become due and payable immediately and we may immediately terminate this agreement, without prejudice to any other right in law that we may have against you (or your estate).
12.2. If we exercise our right to terminate this agreement in terms of any of the provisions hereof and there is an outstanding balance on your account, all amounts owing by you will immediately become due and payable by you (unless we make other arrangements with you).
12.3. You may terminate this agreement at any time by contacting us and informing us hereof. We will provide you with a settlement amount that you must pay us and after receipt and processing of such payment, we will close your account. If you wish to reopen your account, you will need to apply again; in which event, we cannot guarantee that you will be extended credit again or if your application is successful, that you receive the same credit limit again.
12.4. If you do not use your credit facility for a continuous period determined by us from time to time, your account will be closed on notice to you. If this happens, we may choose to also terminate this agreement.
12.5. Termination of this agreement, for whatever the reason may be, only terminates the credit facility accessed by you through the card and not the smart shopper programme operated by the merchant.
13. Personal information
13.1. We will keep your personal information for as long as we need to or have to by law. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless we are acting in terms of this agreement or we need to do so in order to comply with this agreement. We will also disclose your personal information where we are obliged to by law, in terms of a court order; or where we have your consent.
13.2. You agree and consent that we may process, record and/or disclose your personal information, including details of any transactions on your account, to:
13.2.1. assess any application that you make with us for credit or other financial services (we will sometimes use a standard credit-scoring or other automated decision-making system to do this);
13.2.2. manage your credit facility (and policies, if any), and make decisions on questions about any application, agreement or correspondence which you may have with us;
13.2.3. search credit bureaus, credit reference, fraud prevention agencies’ records or any other third party’s records so that we can manage your account and make decisions about credit, including whether to make credit available, to continue making credit available to you or extend further credit to you;
13.2.4. carry out, monitor and analyse our business;
13.2.5. contact you, directly or indirectly, by post, by phone, by e-mail, by SMS or other electronic means or in any other way about other products and services authorised by the Merchant which we consider may interest you, unless you tell us that you would prefer not to receive such offers;
13.2.6. any person or company working for or with us;
13.2.7. any insurer, if you arrange insurance through us;
13.2.8. any organisation which underwrites or supports any of our products which you hold;
13.2.9. the merchant or any of our retail partners;
13.2.10. any guarantor of your obligations under this agreement;
13.2.11. any payment system under or through which your account is paid;
13.2.12. any person to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligation under this agreement;
13.2.13. any third party who processes your personal information on our behalf (including third parties who are located and run their business outside of the Republic of South Africa);
13.2.14. any third party debt collection agency or attorney appointed to collect any monies you owe us; and
13.2.15. anyone you authorise us to give your personal information to.
13.3. If you provide your details in-store, via SMS, email or online (or you do a quick check) in response to any communication from the merchant advertising the availability of credit or financial services, you give permission to the merchant to allow RCS to contact you regarding the store account offer.
13.4. The consents that you are providing us with in terms of clause 13.2 above shall apply even if we do not grant your application for credit.
13.5. To the extent lawful, we may transfer, license or otherwise authorise the use of any of your personal information.
13.6. In the event that we hand your credit facility over to a debt collection agency or an attorney for collection or legal action, you agree and consent to us releasing some personal information about you to such third party.
13.7. From time to time we may monitor your account in order to comply with our obligations in terms of financial intelligence and securities laws, as well as international sanctions regulations.
13.8. We may also monitor and record all telephone calls and other interactions with you.
14.1. You consent to and agree that we may at any time (even if you are no longer a cardholder, as permitted by law):
14.1.1. make enquiries to obtain or confirm any information about you;
14.1.2. submit to any credit or other bureau (or a third party) any information about you or provided to us by you in your application or about the application, transacting, opening and closing of this agreement and account;
14.1.3. seek, verify and receive information from any credit bureau or third party (with whom you have financial relations at any time) when assessing your application or your creditworthiness, and also at any time during the existence of your account;
14.1.4. provide, disclose and register the existence of this agreement and any personal information, and details relating thereto, to any credit bureau or third party (with whom you have financial relations at any time) sharing positive and negative information about you or your credit account, including any non-compliance with this agreement.
14.2. You acknowledge and understand that a credit bureau will provide us with credit profile information and possibly a credit score reflecting your creditworthiness.
14.3. Subject to the provisions of the Act, we will be entitled to obtain and disclose your information:
14.3.1. within our group of companies, the merchant or any service provider;
14.3.2. if we think it is necessary or may be of benefit to you;
14.3.3. where we are legally compelled to do so;
14.3.4. where it is in the public interest to disclose; or
14.3.5. where our interests require disclosure.
14.4. The bureaus may record details of our searches about you. We will also release information to them about any account that you hold with us, including information about any payments you have missed. Information held by them may be linked to other people with whom you have a financial association. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will inform them thereof.
14.5. You have the right to challenge information reflected at the credit bureau. You have the right to contact the credit bureau, have your credit record disclosed to you and to have inaccurate information corrected.
14.6. The credit bureaus used by us can be contacted at: Transunion Credit Bureau, Wanderers Office Park, 52 Corlett Drive; Illovo, Tel: 011 214 6000; Experian, Experian House, Ballyoaks Office Park, 35 Ballyclare Drive, Bryanston, Tel: 011 799 3400; Compuscan, Compuscan House, 3 Neutron Ave, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, Tel: 021 888 6000; XDS, 11-13 St. Andrews Street, Oakhurst Building, Parktown, Johannesburg, Tel: 011 645 9100.
14.7. We cannot be held responsible for any loss that you may suffer or damage that you may incur caused by any credit bureaus or agency.
15.2. Should you wish to receive copies of documents relating to your account, you must advise us of the manner in which you want these to be delivered to you (provided we have the ability to effect the delivery you choose). In certain instances, we are entitled to charge a fee for such copies.
15.3. We may sell, cede, assign or transfer any of our rights or obligations under this agreement or arrange for any other person to carry out any of our rights or obligations under this agreement without your consent and without notice to you.
15.4. We will not be liable for anything outside of our reasonable control (for example, a failure of computer systems, or power failures which happen for reasons outside our reasonable control) or any industrial action, or political unrest, war, if this prevents us from providing our usual service.
15.5. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage sustained by you or a third party regarding either the application for credit or regarding this agreement.
15.6. We can delay enforcing our rights under this agreement without losing them.
15.7. If cannot enforce any term under this agreement, it will not affect any of the other terms of this agreement.
15.8. Except for correcting errors confirmed as such from objective evidence or which are self-evident errors (including spelling, punctuation, reference, grammar or similar defects), these terms and conditions shall be binding on the Parties.
15.9. Each and every undertaking and clause as contained herein shall be capable of independent enforcement, thus enabling any court or other competent tribunal to enforce the remainder of this agreement should it adjudge any particular undertaking or portion or clause thereof to be invalid.
Pick n Pay Store Account Promotion
Pick n Pay Store Account Promotion Terms and Conditions.
- The promoters to this promotional offer are Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Ltd (“Pick n Pay”) (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708 and the RCS Cards Pty Ltd (“RCS”) (registration number: 2000/017891/07), a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at Golf Park 6, Golf Park, Raapenberg Road, Mowbray, Cape Town.
- All persons entering the Pick n Pay Store Account “Promotion ("the promotional offer") ("the entrants") agree that the promotion rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at picknpay.co.za.
- These terms and conditions and promotional offer rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact.
- the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- The entrant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the promotional offer he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All entrants to this promotional offer participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotional offer and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
RULES OF THE PROMOTIONAL OFFER
- This promotional offer opens on 1 March 2019 and closes on 29 February 2020.
- The offer:
- Spend a minimum of R2000 (two thousand Rands) per month on your Pick n Pay Store Account and R100 will be credited to your Store Account each month
- The R100 credit will not be processed at the till point but will be credited to the entrants Pick n Pay Store Account at month end and will only be visible on the entrants Pick n Pay Store Account statement at the next month end.
- The R100 offer is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional offer:
- the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
- the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- the promotional offer is open to all Pick n Pay Store Account customers
- To enter the promotional offer, the entrant must:
- Spend a minimum of R2000 (two thousand Rands) per month on your Pick n Pay Store Account
- The promotional offer is only valid on the first R2000 spent on the Pick n Pay Store Account
SELECTION OF ENTRANTS
- Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Promotion at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- By entering the promotional offer in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional offer for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the promotional offer will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you qualify for the promotional offer, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA.
- Entrants may be requested to take part in the promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Entrants are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- The promoters shall conduct the promotional offer, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the promotional offer, including the selection of Entrants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.picknpay.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0800 11 22 88 during office hours throughout the period of the promotional offer.
PICK n PAY STORE ACCOUNT PROMOTION:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS : pay your store account instalment in full and get double smart shopper points on the value paid 13 July 2020 and 1 September 2020
- 1 terms and conditions
- 1.1 The promoters to this promotional offer are Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Ltd (“Pick n Pay”) (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708 and the RCS Cards Pty Ltd (“RCS”) (registration number: 2000/017891/07), a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at Golf Park 6, Golf Park, Raapenberg Road, Mowbray, Cape Town.
- 1.2 All persons entering the Pick n Pay Store Account “Promotion ("the promotional offer") ("the entrants") agree that the promotion rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at picknpay.co.za.
- 2 important notice
- 2.1 These terms and conditions and promotional offer rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- 2.1.1 may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or
- 2.1.2 may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- 2.1.3 may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or
- 2.1.4 serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact.
- 2.1.5 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 2.2 The entrant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- 2.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- 2.4 The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the promotional offer he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and that he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- 2.5 All entrants to this promotional offer participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotional offer and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- 2.1 These terms and conditions and promotional offer rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- 3 rules of the PROMOTIONAL oFFER
- 3.1 This promotional offer opens on 13 July 2020 and 1 September 2020.
- 3.2 The offer:
- 3.2.1 Between 13 July 2020 and 1 September 2020, pay your Pick n Pay Store Account monthly instalment in full and on time and you will receive double Smart Shopper points on the value of the instalment paid.
- 3.2.2 If you qualify for the promotion, the double Smart Shopper points will be automatically loaded onto your Smart Shopper card by 15th of the next month after payment is received
- 3.3 The offer is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- 3.4 In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional offer:
- 3.4.1 the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- 3.4.2 the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- 3.4.3 the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
- 3.4.4 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 3.4.5 The promotional offer is open to all Pick n Pay Store Account customers
- 3.5 To enter the promotional offer, the entrant must: ‑
- 3.5.1 Between 13 July 2020 and 1 September 2020, pay your Pick n Pay Store Account monthly instalment in full and on time and you will receive double Smart Shopper points on the value of the instalment paid.
- 4 Changes
- 4.1 Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Promotion at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 5 general
- 5.1 By entering the promotional offer in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional offer for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the promotional offer will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you qualify for the promotional offer, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA.
- 5.2 Entrants may be requested to take part in the promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Entrants are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- 5.3 The promoters shall conduct the promotional offer, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the promotional offer, including the selection of Entrants is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 5.4 Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.picknpay.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0800 11 22 88 during office hours throughout the period of the promotional offer.