PICK N PAY WINE CLUB – JULY 2020 WINE CLUB ACQUISITION – EPIC WINELANDS ADVENTURE
SMART SHOPPER COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 The promoter to this competition is Pick n Pay Retailers Pty Ltd ("Pick n Pay") (registration number: 1973/004739/07) a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and having its registered address at 101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth, 7708.
- 1.2 All persons entering the Pick n Pay Wine Club Competition ("the promotional competition") ("the entrants") agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. A copy of these terms and conditions is available at www.pnp.co.za.
- 2 IMPORTANT NOTICE
- 2.1 These terms and conditions and competition rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- 2.1.1 may limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or
- 2.1.2 may create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- 2.1.3 may compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or
- 2.1.4 serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact.
- 2.1.5 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 2.2 The entrant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- 2.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
- 2.4 The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and the he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- 2.5 All entrants to this promotional competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the promoters and Pick n Pay Stores Limited and all entities in the Pick n Pay group; their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- 3 RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- 3.1 This competition closes at midnight on 31 July 2020.
- 3.2 Pick n Pay Wine Club members entering this competition are eligible to win the following prize:
Allocation of the prize, in total:
FIRST PRIZE (for 4 pax)
Day 1 (Friday)
- Flights to Cape Town (if from out of town)
- Transfer to Coopmanhuis Boutique Hotel and Spa to check in and drop luggage.
- Transfer from hotel to Nederburg on side car motorcycles.
- Welcoming brunch at Nederburg with head winemaker as well as wine tour and vault wine tasting.
- Transfer back to hotel on side car motorcycles.
- Dinner at Fat Butcher restaurant in Stellenbosch.
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Depart hotel for Signal Hill.
- Tandem Paraglide off Signal Hill and on the Promenade.
- Cycle along Promenade, pass the light house to the Waterfront.
- Board yacht for sea cruise and bubbles.
- After yacht, depart Waterfront on Harley Davidsons to Durbanville Hills.
- Meet head winemaker on wine tour with 5 course wine pairing of Collectors reserve. Receive a signed Collectors Reserve of choice.
- Transfer back to hotel.
- Evening at leisure.
- Pictures of the day will be collated and shared with all participants.
Day 3 (Sunday)
- Mid-morning transfer to Alto for wine tasting and brunch experience with head winemaker. Receive signed bottle of Alto M.P.H.S or branded gift.
- Bergkelder Mountain Cellar vertical tasting; where guests will enjoy some rare old vintages.
- Afternoon at leisure in Stellenbosch
- Transfer to airport.
- Winner gets 1 case of wine each month (12 cases in total) which will be a mixture of wine from Nederburg, Durbanville Hills and Alto. They will also receive a set of Riedel Wine Glasses.
- Alto Wine Experience dinner for 6 pax including vertical tasting and branded gift for all guests in the winners region.
The prize is value at over R130 000.
- 3.3 The prizes are not transferrable or interchangeable and the allocation of prizes is in the sole and absolute discretion of Pick n Pay and Distell.
- 3.4 Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the prizes mention in clause 3.2 above but will ensure that the winners receive a similar experience of the same value to the original prize.
- 3.5 The winner needs to have redeemed the prize by 31 January 2021. Thereafter, the prize will no longer be available.
- 3.6 This competition is running during the COVID-19 pandemic and a period when the country is under a national lockdown. The intention is for the prize to given to the winner once all lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Some lockdown restrictions may not be lifted at the time the prize winner would like to claim their prize and Distell has the right to change the prize or extend the prize redemption period to ensure that lockdown restrictions are adhered to.
- 3.7 Distell requires a minimum of 6 weeks lead time to coordinate all the experiences once COVID-19 regulations allow.
- 3.8 The winner will be contacted by Pick n Pay Call Centre, before being handed over to the supplier to arrange for delivery details.
- 3.9 Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
- 3.10 In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition:
- 3.10.1 the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- 3.10.2 the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- 3.10.3 the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
- 3.10.4 the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- 3.10.5 The promoters, Pick n Pay Retailers (Proprietary) Limited, any entity in the Pick n Pay Group or Company, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above named parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
- 3.11 To enter the promotional competition, the entrant must:
- 3.11.1 Be a registered Pick n Pay Smart Shopper card holder and must have signed up for the Pick n Pay Wine Club prior to 31 July 2020.
- 4 SELECTION OF WINNERS
- 4.1 Winners will be selected by / before 15 August 2020. This date is subject to change without notice.
- 4.2 Entrants to whom prizes will be awarded will be selected through a random draw.
- 4.3 Winners will be contacted via email or telephonically starting from the 31 August 2020 (latest starting date). Winners that have no valid communication will be excluded from the draw. If winners have not been able to be contacted within 5 working days, they will forfeit and a backup winner will be selected.
- 4.4 Pick n Pay reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email or telephonically by Pick n Pay as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Pick n Pay in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to Pick n Pay as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were the original winner. If the selected winner does not have any contact details a redraw will need to take place immediately.
- 4.5 Pick n Pay reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Pick n Pay, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- 5 GENERAL
- 5.1 By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 ("CPA") and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- 5.2 The names of the prize winners will be published on the Pick n Pay website and the monthly Wine Club communication subject to the winner's consent.
- 5.3 Winners may be requested to take part in the promoter's publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Winners are, however, entitled to decline such request.
- 5.4 The promoters shall conduct the competition, and the Promoters' decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 5.5 Any queries in this regard, and a copy of these rules can be found at www.picknpay.co.za or by calling the consumer services division on 0860 30 30 30 during office hours throughout the period of the competition.