How we'll be trading during the lockdown
Are you open during the lockdown?
Yes we are! Our supermarkets will remain open, and you can shop in-store and online for groceries and essentials.
Will they have the same opening hours?
We will be adjusting trading hours to ensure staff can get to and from their homes during the permitted travel hours. Store trading hours will depend on local legislation, and the online shop will be open 24/7. Over Easter weekend, our stores may have adjusted trading hours. You can check your store's opening times here.
What about Hypermarkets?
Our Hypermarkets will remain open with the following trading hours:
Are your stores clean?
Safety and hygiene are extremely high priority, and we have increased our already rigorous store cleaning schedules, as well as taking the following measures:
- Tills will be cleaned regularly.
- Sanitiser and wipes will be available at the entrance.
- A limited number of customers will be allowed into the store at a time.
- Social distancing will be requested of customers, with demarcated distances for queueing.
What about the online shop?
Our online shop maintains strict hygiene and has also implemented no-contact deliveries during this time. Please remember to shop in advance, as due to increased demand, delivery slots are filling up fast.
What will I be able to buy?
You will be able to buy all your usual groceries and essentials in-store and online. Purchase limits have been implemented on certain essential items to ensure that all customers can get what they need.
You will be able to buy:
- All Fresh, perishable, edible and non-edible grocery items,
- Baby clothing, feeding bottles, and baby accessories,
- Health and beauty products,
- Essential general merchandise categories,
- Kitchen tools including cooking utensils, woodware, and toothpicks,
- Electric hot plates and hot water bottles and flasks,
- Garden seeds and bulbs,
- Pool chemicals and insecticides,
- Torches, lightbulbs, batteries, electrical extension cords, adapters and plugs,
- Home cleaning products,
- Newspapers and magazines,
- School and home office stationery supplies,
- Cell phones, data, airtime, and SIM packs,
- Charcoal, firewood, firelighters, liquid fuels, gas cylinders, and butane canisters.
Note that you will not be able to buy alcohol, cigarettes, clothing, or other general merchandise other than the categories mentioned above (e.g. TVS and appliances).
Our Pick n Pay Liquor and Clothing stores will be closed, as well as those sections in-store and online. Any alcohol purchased online before the start of the lockdown will not be delivered and you will not be charged for it.
Are you going to run out of stock?
You may find some items temporarily out of stock, but we have many essentials waiting to make their way to stores in our distribution centres, as well as a robust supply chain. Food manufacturing and farming continues at this time, and we are confident that we can get you what you need.
We're here to help
Customer Careline 0800 11 22 88
Online shop help 0860 30 30 30
Please note that due to transport constraints during the lockdown, our call centres will operate from 9am-5pm daily.
Should you have any more concerns or queries or wish to be more informed on the Covid-19 at present, we urge you to visit the national website at www.sacoronavirus.co.za for more information. Let's join government's call to keep informed, so we can do our bit to flatten the curve.