Introducing PnP Mobile, South Africa’s newest Mobile Virtual Network Operator. We’re offering our customers prepaid access to services including any product, through our very own PnP Mobile SIM cards. Smart Shoppers can earn free instant data rewards when shopping in any Pick n Pay store, in addition to their Smart Shopper points! All you have to do is RICA your SIM, link your Smart Shopper card and spend R50 or more on your PnP Mobile SIM. Once complete, you qualify to earn instant data on all your shopping in stores, including Pick n Pay Liquor and Pick n Pay Clothing stores for the next 30 days!
It’s as easy as 1,2,3
- RICA your new PnP Mobile SIM in-store.
- Link your PnP Mobile SIM to your Smart Shopper card once it has been activated.
- Spend R50 or more on any PnP Mobile product and qualify to earn free data every time you shop!
Smart Shopper Instant Rewards
PnP mobile spent
MB per R10
|0||R0 - R49||No Reward||N/A||N/A|
|1||R50 - R99||5MB||250MB||R500|
|2||R100 - R199||5MB||500MB||R1000|
|3||R200 - R299||5MB||1250MB||R2500|
PnP Mobile Rates
|Tariff Type||Rate (incl. vat)|
|Voice||R 1,49 per minute across all networks|
|Data||R 0,20 per MB (out-of-bundle)|
|SMS||R 0,60 per message|
PnP Mobile Data Bundles
|Bundle Value||Bundle Price|
|PnP Mobile 100MB Data Bundle||R20,00|
|PnP Mobile 250MB Data Bundle||R45,00|
|PnP Mobile 500MB Data Bundle||R75,00|
|PnP Mobile 1GB Data Bundle||R99,00|
|PnP Mobile 2GB Data Bundle||R189,00|
|PnP Mobile 3GB Data Bundle||R229,00|
Who is PnP Mobile?
PnP Mobile is one of South Africa’s newest Mobile Virtual Network Operators. We are offering our customers prepaid access to services including airtime, data, and SMS, through our very own PnP Mobile SIM cards. Smart Shoppers can earn free instant data rewards when shopping in our stores, in addition to Smart Shopper points!
Where can I get my PnP Mobile SIM from?
You can get your PnP Mobile SIM from any Pick n Pay store, with the exception of Express, Clothing and Liquor stores.
What network does the PnP Mobile use?
PnP Mobile uses the MTN Network.
What is RICA?
RICA is a legal process in South Africa which requires a person to confirm their identity before we can release a SIM to them. We are bound to follow this process under South Africa law; The Regulation of Interception of Communications Act 70 of 2002; as well as any other applicable legislation.
How do I RICA my new PnP Mobile SIM?
In order to RICA your new PnP Mobile SIM card, you will need to provide either your Green ID book, or Smart Card ID and proof of residence no older than 3 months.
How long will it take for my new SIM to be Activated?
This process can take between 2 – 24 hours.
How do I recharge/top up my account with Airtime?
You can recharge your account by purchasing a PnP Mobile Voucher from any Pick n Pay Store and dialling *136*VoucherPin# to redeem.
How do I purchase data from my Airtime?
By accessing the USSD platform by dialling *136# and select option 2 to convert your airtime into data.
Is there a USSD option, and How do I access it?
Yes. You will need to dial *136# from your PnP Mobile number.
Does it cost to Access USSD
No, this is free of charge
What can I do via USSD?
There are a number of functions on the USSD, mainly: Check Your Balance, Convert Airtime to Data, manage your mobile Account, Contact Us, Transfer Data, Link your Smart Shopper Card and see our current Promotions.
How do I check my account balance?
You can either Dial *136# and follow the prompts, or dial 136 and get a summary of your balance
How do I qualify to earn Rewards?
You must be a Smart Shopper and link your PnP Mobile SIM Card by spending R50.00 on PnP Mobile to qualify.
How do I earn my Data Rewards?
By swiping your Smart Shopper Card when shopping in Pick n Pay stores.
How do I link my Smart Shopper card to my PnP Mobile card?
Dial *136# from your PNP Mobile SIM and select the option from the menu, or you can call customer support by dialling 135 from you PnP mobile number, or 0860 30 40 50 from any other number.
How do I receive my Smart Shopper data Rewards?
The data will be automatically loaded onto your PnP Mobile SIM card after your transaction.
How do I retrieve my voicemails?
Dial 132 from your PnP Mobile SIM to listen to your voice messages
How do I see what Instant Rewards I qualify for?
How do I see what Instant Rewards I qualify for? Visit the PnP Mobile website at www.pnp.co.za/pnpmobile, or access the USSD on *136#
Rating Rules: Voice
• Voice Tariffs are rated per minute (per second billing)
o Voice plans are rated per minute but billed per second.
Rating Rules: Data
• Data rated per MB, billed in 25KB increments
o Data plans are rated per MB, but billed in 25KB increments
Rating Rules: SMS
• SMSes are rated per unit
o SMS plans are rated per unit (one SMS)
Can I keep my existing number?
Yes. You can Port your number into PnP Mobile by calling Customer Support on 0860 30 40 50. You will need to obtain and RICA a PnP Mobile SIM card and contact the Customer Support team before switching your new number on. Once the port is completed Customer Support will advise you to switch on your PnP Mobile number.
I lost my SIM card
You would need collect a new sim card from Pick n Pay and RICA the new card in store.
PNP MOBILE PREPAID CUSTOMER AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1. Definitions
- 1.1. “this Agreement” means this agreement, once accepted by you and us, the acceptance being activation of the sim card, or in a manner which we deem appropriate from time to time;
- 1.2. “Airtime” means cellular airtime, messaging platforms, and data bundling;
- 1.3. “Customer Services” means our Customer Services department which you can contact on 0860 30 40 50 at normal share call rates (or by dialing 135 free from your PnP Mobile number);
- 1.4. “Network Operator” means any person licensed to operate an electronic communications network using cellular technology, in South Africa;
- 1.5. “Network” means the digital mobile device network and/or the wireless platform for internet services in South Africa that allows you to receive or use our Services;
- 1.6. “Personal Information” means data that can be used to identify a person and is defined as information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person;
- 1.7. “Port” or “Porting” means when we transfer your phone number from another Network Operator to PnP Mobile or from PnP Mobile to another Network Operator, if you have a valid Agreement with us;
- 1.8. “Port-out” means when you leave the PnP Mobile network and take your phone number with you to another Network Operator;
- 1.9. “RICA” means the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication Related Information Act 70 of 2000, as amended;
- 1.10. “Services” means the digital electronic communications service, internet access services and other electronic communications services which we procure for you via the Network from time to time;
- 1.11. “SIM” means the SIM card or Subscriber Identity Module card containing your phone number and which is programmed to allow you access to our Services over the Network;
- 1.12. “we”, “us” and “our” means Pick n Pay Retailers (Proprietary) Limited, its affiliates, subsidiaries or its successors-in-title;
- 1.13. “Website” means www.pnp.co.za/pnpmobile; and
- 1.14. “you” and/or “your” means you the customer who applies for and receives our Services.
- 2. Entering into this Agreement
- 2.1. This Agreement records the terms and conditions of the supply of our prepaid Services to you.
- 2.2. By activating the SIM purchased by you, you will be requesting us to give you access to our Services on the terms of this Agreement and our acceptance in this way will result in a binding agreement between us.
- 3. Consent for marketing
- 3.1. To the extent allowed by all applicable legislation, if you opted into direct marketing via your preferences when linking your PnP Mobile number to Smart Shopper, you agree to be provided with marketing information relating to PnP Mobile, by SMS or email at the contact number/s and/or addresses You provided to PnP Mobile, for the purposes of marketing its products and/or services to You.
- 3.2. This permission does not prevent you from opting out of receiving marketing information from PnP Mobile (or opting in again) at any time in the future and is subject at all times to Your privacy rights and obligations in terms all applicable legislation to register a preemptive block.
- 3.3. In the event you wish to manage your preferences, please contact the PnP Customer Care Line, at 0860 303030, login to your profile online or opt out of any marketing received by replying “Opt Out” or unsubscribing.
- 4. Our Services
- 4.1. We will take all reasonable steps within our control to provide to you our Services in terms of this Agreement.
- 4.2. Our Services are only available within the range of base stations that make up the Network.
- 4.3. We cannot always guarantee a fault-free Service. The quality and availability can be affected by factors outside of our control, including, amongst other things, the weather, local physical obstructions, other causes of radio interference, weak signal, features and functionality of your particular Device, extraordinary use of the Services by other customers, and faults in infrastructure provided to us.
- 4.4. The upgrading, maintenance or other work from time to time on the Network may result in interruptions or unavailability of our Services. Where possible, we will advise you of this in advance.
- 5. Charges
- 5.1. We will charge you for telephone calls you make and SMS’s you send, data you access and content you download at the rates which will be available to you. See Table A below, or visit the rates table on www.pnp.co.za/pnpmobile
- 5.2. You must pay all taxes, including VAT associated with the Services which we provide to you.
- 6. Changes in price
- 6.1. We may change the prices which you pay for Services at any time.
- 6.2. If we change our prices, we will give you at least 30 days’ notice.
- 7. Porting
- 7.1. It is possible to move your number from another network in South Africa, to join PnP Mobile and keep your number, which we call ‘Porting’.
- 7.2. It is not possible to move any balance in your account from another Network to PnP Mobile, so we recommend you deplete your remaining balance before you Port In.
- 7.3. It is also possible to Port to another Network from PnP Mobile.
- 7.4. It is not possible to move any balance in your account from PnP Mobile to another Network, so we recommend you deplete your remaining balance before you Port Out.
- 7.5. Porting from another Network to PnP Mobile can be done by calling our Customer Services on 0860 30 40 50. You will need to obtain and RICA a PnP Mobile SIM card before Porting can be completed, but do not switch on that number until Customer Services advises you to do so.
- 8. Exclusions
- 8.1. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude, and you waive all liability to you and anyone else for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, costs, expenses or damage, whether in common law, in terms of statute or otherwise arising directly or indirectly from this Agreement.
- 9. Indemnity and waiver
- 9.1. You indemnify us against any loss or damage which any person (including ourselves) may suffer arising directly or indirectly from you breaching your obligations under this Agreement.
- 9.2. We rely on third party providers to supply our Service. You agree not to hold any of our third party providers (to the extent permitted by law) liable for damages, losses, costs or expenses, whether direct, indirect or consequential arising from or in connection with any act, omission, neglect or default of a third party provider, or us where this is a result of the third party provider’s action or omission, neglect or default.
- 9.3. We are not liable for any failure or delay in providing any Services, in correcting any fault in any Services, failure or incorrect operation of any Service, or any other delay or default in performance under this Agreement if it is caused by an event reasonably beyond our control, including but not limited to civil insurrection, interruption in electrical supply, accident, act of God, industrial action, a direction of any sort by ICASA, delay, failure or default by any other supplier or Network Operator.
- 9.4. We will also be entitled to terminate this Agreement if:
- 9.4.1. our Network Operator partner no longer makes the Network available to us; and/or
- 9.4.2. we are ordered by ICASA to do so.
- 10. Rewards
- 10.1. PnP Mobile users will be eligible to earn instant rewards data when shopping in Pick n Pay stores.
- 10.2. In order to earn rewards data a PnP Mobile, you must have a Smart Shopper card registered and linked to your PnP Mobile number. Linking takes place after RICA is completed for a SIM card. Once RICA has been completed, the SIM card must be inserted into a device and turned on to receive the SMS requesting permission to link your Smart Shopper card to your PnP Mobile SIM.
- 10.3. A Smart Shopper card will only be successfully linked if you agree to the linking by responding to the SMS and if the identity number linked to both the Smart Shopper card and the PnP Mobile SIM card match. Incorrect or invalid Smart Shopper cards or card numbers will not be awarded PnP Mobile rewards.
- 10.4. Once RICA is completed and your number is active, the process to link your Smart Shopper card to your SIM may take up to two hours to complete. Multiple PnP SIM Packs can be activated for a Smart Shopper. The primary cell phone number will receive the instant rewards.
- 10.5. PnP Mobile customers will be required to meet qualifying criteria in to earn rewards data. Once the qualifying criteria have been met, the customer will be eligible to earn rewards, starting from their next shop.
- 10.6. To earn rewards data for transactions, the customer must present their Pick n Pay Smart Shopper card at Pick n Pay points of sale in order for the transactions to be recorded. If no card is presented at point of sale before payment, rewards data will not be earned for the transaction. Furthermore, it is not possible to earn rewards data retrospectively for transactions in the past where the Smart Shopper card has not been presented
- 10.7. Rewards data will be issued at points of sale at a rate determined by the company.
- 10.8. Should Pick n Pay point of sale systems experience down-time, rewards data will not be earned for the transactions completed during the down-time.
- 10.9. For our rate card and full details on qualifying criteria, earn rates and expiry, see Table B below, or visit our website at www.pnp.co.za/pnpmobile
- 11. Data transfer
- 11.1. You may transfer data that you have purchased to another PnP Mobile customer.
- 11.2. If you have more than one PnP Mobile number that you have RICA’d and is currently active, you may transfer rewards data between these numbers. Rewards data may not be transferred to another customer.
- 11.3. Transferred data will be valid for 30 days from the date of transfer.
- 11.4. Transfers of data can be done through the USSD menu by dialing *136# from your PnP Mobile number and following the applicable steps.
- 12. Protection of personal information
- 12.1. By providing your personal information to us, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Statement which forms part of our agreement with you.
- 12.2. In the event you wish to exit from the of the PnP Mobile service contact the PnP Customer Care Line, at 0860 303030.
- 12.3. PnP Mobile and its third parties process your personal information to facilitate the service we offer you.
- 12.4. We will not share your personal information with any other party unless it is entirely necessary for the operation of the PnP Mobile service offering or, where opted in, to facilitate Smart Shopper and/or linked programs.
- 12.5. PnP Mobile’s main role for this service is providing connectivity of your device and to do this, we utilise third parties to enable sending of messages, calls or browsing the internet and as such we need to process data such as your allocated phone number so that we know who is initiating the connection, for things like billing, loading of PnP Mobile products or the issuance of rewards. Data is also generated through your use of your device; for example, the time, length, date and location of the connection whenever you use it.
- 12.6. When you purchase a PnP Mobile SIM card, you are required to complete the RICA process which necessitates the collection of proof of identification and residence. This information will not be used for any other purposes than to comply with the regulatory obligations and is managed by a third-party provider. We will use your ID number from the RICA process to link your Smart Shopper card to your PnP Mobile SIM card, should you have opted in to do so.
- 12.7. When you first set up your mobile device, we need to activate your SIM card, which will involve us processing your SIM card number (ICCID) and your phone number in order to know which features you have paid for and set up. We also need to process our IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity) to facilitate the earning of rewards and facilitate top ups.
- 12.8. When you use the PnP Mobile service or you have opted into to link your SIM to the Smart Shopper program, you are agreeing to the relevant applicable Terms and Conditions as referenced on our website.
- Information and disclosure
- 13.1. In entering into this Agreement and providing the Services, we will come into possession of personal information pertaining to you.
- 13.2. You warrant and guarantee that all information supplied to us is true and correct.
- 13.3. Should any information provided by you is found to be incorrect and as a result, adversely impact our service to you, we are indemnified as per paragraph 9.1
- 13.4. Should your address, or any other information which you have given to us, change you must inform us of the change immediately.
- 13. General
- 14.1. Any abuse whatsoever of the PnP Mobile service by any person constitutes a criminal offence and Pick n Pay reserves the right to deactivate such person’s SIM and withhold all rewards from her/his Smart Shopper and PnP Mobile accounts.
- 14.2. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions in this agreement with 30 days’ notice to you.
- 14.3. Any concession or extra time we allow you doesn't affect our rights under this Agreement.
- 14.4. You agree that this Agreement will be interpreted and governed according to the laws of South Africa.
- 14.5. In order to enjoy the use of our Services it is a requirement that you acknowledge and accept that you will have to register with us in terms of
- 14.6. If any term of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that term will be removed and the invalid or unenforceable term will not affect the validity of the remainder of this Agreement, which will remain effective.
- 14.7. Should you fail to actively use your pre-paid sim for 3 consecutive months (90 days), we reserve the right to: permanently deactivate your line and you will forfeit any associated airtime, value-added services or rewards.
Tariff Type Rate (incl. vat) Voice (charged in per second rate) R 1.49 per minute Data (charged in 25Kb increments) R 0.20 per MB (out-of-bundle) SMS R 0.60 per SMS
PnP mobile spent
MB per R10
0 R0 - R49 No Reward N/A N/A 1 R50 - R99 5MB 250MB R500 2 R100 - R199 5MB 500MB R1000 3 R200 - R299 5MB 1250MB R2500 4 R300+ 5MB 2500MB R5000
*All data rewards expire after 30 days unless otherwise stated.
*Purchased PnP Mobile products will expire after 180 days.