A quick, easy and safe way to send money money to your friends and family from any Pick n Pay.
As a sender, you only need to register once, thereafter, you can immediately send money for only R9.90, simply by swiping your Smart Shopper card. You will get a Money Transfer code on your cellphone that you must only give to the person who’s intended to receive the money. The money will be available immediately for your loved one to collect for free at any Pick n Pay till point by showing the cashier the Money Transfer code. With more than 1000 Pick n Pay Stores across South Africa, you can trust Pick n Pay to send money to your family.
How to register
- If you haven’t registered for Money Transfer yet, go to the Money Transfer kiosk at any Pick n Pay Supermarket or Hypermarket.
- To register, you’ll need your valid green ID book or smart ID card, Smart Shopper card and cellphone.
- Register once only.
How to send money
- Go to any till point and tell the cashier how much money you want to send.
- The cashier scans/swipes your Smart Shopper card and you confirm your cell number.
- Pay R9.90 and the amount you want to send for the transaction and get a receipt.
- You will receive an SMS with the Money Transfer code.
- Give your Money Transfer code ONLY to the person that you want to send money to.
How to receive money
- Go to a Pick n Pay till point.
- Provide your money transfer code to the cashier to receive the money as cash.
Money transfer fees and limits
|Minimum transacting amount||R1|
|Daily Limit||R5 000|
|Monthly Limit||R15 000|
- Register once only at the Money Transfer kiosk.
- It’s quick, easy and safe.
- Securely linked to your Smart Shopper card.
- Transferred money is available instantly.
- Send and receive money at any Pick n Pay till point.
- Pay only R9.90 to send money.
- Send up to R5 000/day, with a max limit of R15 000/month.
- Receiving money is FREE.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our call centre on 0860 000 387.