PnP now offers an extended warranty on qualifying appliances sold in Pick n Pay Hypermarket stores, brought to you by PnP and Hollard. This warranty covers you for any manufacturing defects that your appliance might have after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
What does it cover?
In the event of an approved claim, Hollard will cover the cost of labour and materials to repair your appliance. If it is not possible to repair the appliance, Hollard will settle your claim with a cash payout equal to the purchase price of the appliance.
How do I apply?
We’ve kept things simple, so that you can buy your appliance and sign up for an Extended Warranty in one go.
If you want to think it over, you have up to 30 days after the initial appliance purchase to make your decision! You’ll simply need to come back to the store and fill out the application.
- Call-out charges when your claim turns out to be invalid.
- Repairs that are covered by the manufacturer’s recall of the appliance.
- Accidental breakages.
- Specific items, such as accessories and non-essential devices, that were not included in the packaging when you bought the appliance.
- Defects caused by external factors.
- Defects caused by incorrect use of the appliance, including:
- Not used for domestic purposes
- Not used according to the manufacturer’s instructions for installation, maintenance or use
- Inappropriate objects found not intended for the appliance, such as hairpins, coins and buttons in washing machines, hot foods in fridges, chewing gum and wax crayons in tumble dryers
- Deliberate abuse
- Wear and tear.
- Other losses as a result of the appliance’s loss or breakdown.
When does my cover start?
Your cover starts once your manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
How do I claim?
Simply call 010 753 2099 to log a claim for repairs.
Won’t my home insurance cover me for this already?
Home insurance covers you against loss or damage caused by man-made events (e.g. theft, burglary) and natural calamities. It does not cover you for breakages due to manufacturing defects.
What is not covered:
Terms and Conditions apply. Exclusive to PnP Hypermarkets.
Underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited (Reg. No. 1952/003004/06), a Licensed Non-Life Insurer and an Authorised Financial Services Provider.