What Hollard Pet covers
- Hollard Pet insurance assists with unexpected and costly veterinary bills:
- Unexpected illnesses e.g. gastroenteritis, ear infections, dermatitis.
- Accidents e.g. hit by a car or dog fight.
- Routine and dental care e.g. vaccinations, deworming, flea and tick control, sterilisation and dental conditions.
- Emergency kennelling. Hollard Pet will pay for essential boarding kennel or cattery fees for each insured pet, if you as the owner are hospitalised for more than 4 days.
- Behavioural treatment e.g. separation anxiety and storm phobia. Subject to a 12 month waiting period, with a lifetime benefit.
- Complementary treatments such as physiotherapy, and hydrotherapy provided by a registered vet, vet nurse or vet physiotherapist.
- Personal Liability cover. Certain breeds of dogs and cats are not covered.
- Own several pets? A multi-pet discount is available for owners with two or more pets.
- No pre-authorisation required prior to visiting the vet for any accident, illness or routine care.
- Get paid within 2 to 14 working days upon receipt of your completed claim.
- Cover is provided for life, as long as your dog or cat is between 8 weeks and 8 years old when they join, and provided you keep your premiums up to date.
Multiple levels of cover to suit all budgets and needs:
|Choose your level of cover|
|Cover||Prime choice 100% of the Standard Rate*||Smart choice 80% of the Standard Rate*||Essential choice 100% of the Standard Rate*|
|Age limits when joining||Between 8 weeks and 8 years. Once insured, cover can be kept for life.||Between 8 weeks and 8 years. Once insured, cover can be kept for life.||From 8 weeks with no upper age limit.|
|Accidental injury cover|
|Routine and dental care (add-on option only)|
What we do not cover
- Pre-existing conditions (exclusion period determined by the vet history and applied on a case by case basis)
- Congenital and hereditary conditions e.g. intervertebral disc disease in Dachshunds and Brachycephalic syndrome in flat faced cats and dogs. (claims will be considered for payment after 18 months of symptom free cover)
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Entropion and ectropion
- Pregnancy and breeding
- Dental disease (covered in routine and dental care only)
- Preventable diseases e.g. parvovirus
Terms and Conditions apply.
SMS "PnP" TO 48094
Underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited (Reg. No. 1952/003004/06),
a Licensed Non-Life Insurer and an authorised Financial Services Provider
- Claims are reimbursed according to the Standard Rate and not what the vet charges. The Standard Rate is calculated by the actuaries and is the average amount charged by all vets across the country, based on our claims data.
- The Routine and Dental Care Option is not available with the Essential Choice plan.
- Pets joining Hollard Pet Insurance who are 8 years and over are only eligible for the Essential Choice plan.
- All our policies start on the 1st day of the month. We do not pro-rate.
- Any new application received on or before the 5th of the month will start on the 1st of that month.
- Any new application received on the 6th or later will start on the 1st of the following month.
- There is one calendar month's waiting period from your policy's start date for all claims except Cruciate Ligament surgery and Behavioural conditions.
- There is a 14 day money back guarantee should you wish to cancel your policy from the inception date.
- You'll need to give us one calendar month's written notice in order to cancel your policy.
- Annual benefit and premium increase occurs on the 1st of July every year.