Pay quickly and securely with a tap of your Contactless-enabled Visa or Mastercard.
How it works in 3 easy steps
- Look for the contactless symbol on the Pick n Pay till point card machine.
- Tap your contactless-enabled card against the symbol.
- A beep indicates a succesful payment. On occasion, you may be asked for your PIN.
More about Contactless?
Contactless is a faster way of paying for goods or services (to the value of R500) at any Pick n Pay till available for VISA and Mastercard users. It is as secure as swiping your credit card, but faster because you simply tap the card on the machine and confirm to complete the transaction! Only cards with the Contactless symbol and mobile devices with the Contactless app are enabled for this quick pay option.
If you do not have a Contactless enabled card, contact your bank today.
Minimise contact and scan to pay using your smartphone
What are cardless payments?
Cardless payments are a way to pay using only your smartphone - no handling cash or keying in your PIN on a payment terminal. You can now scan a QR code to pay at the till using your smartphone and compatible payment and banking apps.
How it works
1. Open your participating mobile payment or banking app on your smartphone
2. Scan the QR code at the till
3. Follow the prompts on your mobile payment or banking app